Budget Friendly Activities in Pigeon Forge
Are the mountains calling your name again? Have you been feeling a little bit of separation anxiety? I think that means it’s time to start planning your first Pigeon Forge vacation of the new year! Surrounded by the beautiful Smoky Mountains, our friendly little town is growing more and more every year, and we love being able to welcome millions of visitors here from all over the world. No vacation is ever the same and that’s what makes our area so desired by so many people, it’s the perfect place to plan a trip to! When you stay with us at Whispering Pines, we offer one, two, three, and four bedroom condos complete with a full size kitchen to make some of your very own family meals in the comfort of your unit! That’s right, you don’t even have to go out to eat every day while you’re here, so you can save a few dollars already. We also offer a FREE TICKETS program that will get you a free adult ticket each day to numerous shows and attractions in the area. With over $275 in savings every day of your stay, this is sure to become your favorite part of vacationing better with us! Now we all know that vacations can get quite expensive and sometimes it’s nice to make some plans that won’t break the bank too much. Lucky for you, there are so many things to do here that will save you some money on your trip. Lets take a look at some Budget Friendly Activities in Pigeon Forge!
- Patriot Park – This beautiful park is one place that I love to visit, especially if I’m on a budget, but still want to get out and about for a bit. No matter what time of year it is, this is still one genuinely special place to visit. If it’s spring and summer, you can pack a picnic and enjoy it at the gazebo and pavilion and if it’s winter, you can see a bunch of winterfest lights and displays! There are special memorials here for the Armed Forces, it truly is a wonderful place to visit. On the walking trail, you will come across flags of all 50 states as well. There are also plenty of special events that are held here like Musical Festivals as well as 4th of July Fireworks show! It’s also inside of the Old Mill Square so you can do some window browsing at the little shops here as well.
- Dollywood – This family friendly amusement park is one of the most beloved attractions in Pigeon Forge. No matter what age you are, there is something here for you to love and enjoy. From thrill and kiddie rides to shows and even some shopping, it’s hard to fit everything in this park in one day. Lucky for us, they have an incredible special that is also a huge money saver for us all. If you go in after 3, you get in free the next day (yay!) Now you don’t have to worry about missing any of the good stuff there AND you get a free day, what an amazing deal! Trust us, you won’t want to miss out on the park that really helped to put us on the map.
- The Island – This is a newer spot in the area, but this one stop shop truly has it all! From shops to rides and even delicious restaurants, you’re sure to fall in love with this place. There’s also quite a few free things to do here. Grab a rocking chair outside of Ole Smoky Moonshine and get ready to hear some amazing bluegrass music when they put on a free show almost every hour for us all to enjoy! Tap your feet and rock along when these four piece groups dazzle us with incredible tunes that are completely complimentary for everyone visiting this location. Don’t forget that you also get a free ticket to ride the Great Smoky Mountain Wheel! Get ready to see the views of a lifetime when you go up 200 feet in your enclosed gondola and see all the glory our Smokies have to offer. Once you’re done, make sure you check out the amazing fountain show! Watch the water and lights dance around to a choreographed set of songs that every member of the family will love. This is also completely free and is there for us all to watch and enjoy. You will love it here!
- Pigeon Forge Community Center – Our community center is one of the best around and definitely a place to visit if you want to save a few bucks and still have an amazing time with the family! It’s $8 a person and you get to take advantage of using 3 basketball courts, a racquetball court, bowling alley, and even an aquatic center. There is something for everyone in your party here and you’re bound to have an amazing time. Get ready for the family (friendly) rivalry to begin! Who’s going to win the basketball game or bowling championship? We’ll have to wait and find out.
- Free Entertainment Rewards Pass – Like we mentioned above, when you stay with us, you will get one of these amazing passes. You can go to The Comedy Barn (one of the funniest shows I’ve ever been to) or even the Hatfield & McCoy Dinner Show with one free adult ticket! Smoky Mountain Opry is another awesome show here that everyone in the family is sure to enjoy. Feel like just having a relaxing day at your condo? Don’t forget that you also get FREE dvd rentals! Choose two movies at a time and gather around in your full size living room to have a family movie night. Whispering Pines also has an indoor pool and hot tub, so you can start up a fun game of marco polo! During the spring and summer, we also have the outdoor pool and lazy river. There’s also an arcade room, sauna, and a fitness center. You will love spending a day here on property, we promise!
We hope you enjoyed this insider’s look at some Budget Friendly Activities in Pigeon Forge! There are still so many other fun things to do that will help you not break the bank like hiking and driving through the Cade’s Cove Scenic Loop (my favorite), but we figured we’d narrow it down to a few things here in the area for you all to enjoy before you venture off to Gatlinburg its surroundings! Vacationing can still be an amazing time even when you’re saving some bucks and that’s what we truly love about our town. There are so many coupon books you can pick up to help you save some more and have a great time while doing so. So what are you waiting for? Book Your Budget Friendly Pigeon Forge Vacation now or give us a call at 1.800.429.4361 and we’ll help you find the perfect condo for your stay. We have three incredible views to choose from, so we can give you some great details about the units. Don’t forget to also take advantage of our Lodging Discounts. Come and Vacation Better with us here at Whispering Pines, we would absolutely love to have you! We’re sure these Budget Friendly Activities in Pigeon Forge will make for one exciting vacation.