Gatlinburg Must-Do List
Is it time to start planning another amazing vacation to the Smokies? Are you starting to get your daily itinerary ready so you don’t miss out on anything? We know it can be a bit overwhelming to narrow down the must see and do’s here since there’s something waiting for you at every corner, no matter where you go. From Sevierville all the way to Gatlinburg, there ends up being so many places that you want to stop at while you’re here. One of the most important parts of planning a perfect vacation is finding a clean, comfortable, and affordable place to stay at while you’re here. When you stay with us at Whispering Pines, we offer beautiful one, two, three, and four bedroom condos that come complete with a private balcony facing the city, mountains, or wooded nature area. These spacious units give you that real feeling of home even though you’re on vacation, and we’re sure every member of the family will love being able to have their own space. As a thank you for booking with us, we have a FREE TICKETS program for numerous shows and attractions in the area for you to take advantage of! With a daily savings of $275, we’re sure that this will become one of your favorite parts about staying with us. Our resort is conveniently located at traffic light #7, so you’re right smack dab in the middle of all the action. This means that you can also be in Gatlinburg within minutes. Are you looking to spend a day in this gem of a town that has become a most loved destination for so many visitors? Consisting of 10 stop lights, Gatlinburg has fun waiting for us at every light so to speak! So where should you start? Let’s take a look at our Gatlinburg Must-Do List!
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies – Located at traffic light #6, this is one of my absolute favorite family attractions here, it’s truly a beautiful aquarium. Here you will find all different kinds of sea life and other exciting species. They also have hands on exhibits where you can pet a stingray or a jellyfish! Are you ready to get up close and personal with some sharks? Get ready for your journey through the Shark Lagoon where you will see them swimming right above your head from every direction, so get your camera ready. Make sure to say hello to the hammerhead for me, he’s always hanging out there and ready to have his photo taken! Once you’re done there, it’s time to visit the Penguin Playhouse and we can guarantee that you and the family will fall in love with this spot, they’re all just so darn cute. Don’t forget that you get a free ticket here and we sell additional discounted tickets at the front desk, you won’t want to miss this fun attraction. They also have plenty of other attractions to check out like their Haunted Mansion, Believe It Or Not Museum, Mirror Maze, Moving Theater, and even some Mini Golf.
- Ober Gatlinburg – Located at traffic light #9, this amusement park has been a must visit for so many families over the years. During the winter, they turn into our very own ski resort, and during the spring and summer, they’re one of the most exciting outdoor parks around. Here you will find a mountain coaster, alpine slide, scenic chairlift, kiddie zone, ice skating rink, wildlife encounter, and a few other goodies. One of the best parts about visiting this location is the aerial tram that brings you to the top of the mountain. This seven minute ride will feature some of the best views of the Smokies that you can find! We promise that this will become a family favorite for you all.
- The Village – If you’re looking to do a bit of shopping, this is the place to go! Here you will find 27 different and unique shops to explore through featuring everything from candles to pepper sauces. Tastefully decorated, this little shopping oasis will make you feel like you’re stepping back into the old world. Don’t forget to stop by Coffee & Company to regain your energy and maybe even the Donut Friar for a sweet treat (they have the best donuts I’ve ever had in my life!) You will love this place, it’s located at traffic light #6.
- Anakeesta – Are you coming here to see the views? Well, look no further. This place will take your breath away from the second you climb onto your chondola to get to the top of the mountain! Experience the magic of the mountains when you arrive at this new destination. They have ziplining, a tree canopy and treehouse playground, gem mining and coming soon, they’ll have even more goodies! That’s right, their spring expansion is going to include a mountain coaster, a new ziplining course, garden walk, and a brand new restaurant where you can dine and see our beautiful rolling hills. You will never forget the amazing views that you’ll see here, so make sure to have your camera ready when you spend a day in paradise!
- Arts & Crafts Community – This 8 mile loop that is located on Glades Road is full of the most unique shops you’ll find while you’re here. If you’re looking for handmade and one of a kind pieces, you’re coming to the right place. Our artisans love to show us their crafts and some even do hands on exhibits right in their shop. If you like to support the locals, this is exactly where you want to be! You will find everything from homemade quilts to pottery and even stained glass. If you love history then you may never want to leave this place. Like their website says, come and see who and what has made Tennessee what it is today! This is also where you can find Delauder’s BBQ, who were just named #4 out of 50 on the Top 50 BBQ restaurants in the country list, voted by Yelp. You’ll definitely want to stop by and try out this delicious restaurant!
- Cades Cove – This 11 mile loop is one of the most popular destinations you will find here. Best part about it? You can drive the whole thing, you don’t have to get out and walk! Here you will find some of the most incredible sites as our scenery takes over your view the entire time. This is also where you can see an abundance of our wildlife from white-tailed deer to coyotes and even bears of course! This is also where you will be able to find a bunch of trailheads if you’re looking for a day spent hiking. Make sure to get here early, this place is so popular and the crowds will build up fast!
We hope you enjoyed this look at our Gatlinburg Must-Do List! While there are so many other fun places to go and explore, these are just a few of our top favorites. Gatlinburg has become such a staple for so many visitors from all over the world. You feel like you’re right at home as soon as you get there. Excitement is waiting at every corner, and we can guarantee you’ll make so many incredible memories there to bring home with you. So what are you waiting for? Book Your Family Vacation now and get ready to tackle this fantastic Gatlinburg Must-Do List! Come and join our family here at Whispering Pines, we would love to have!