Unique Things to do in the Smokies
Is it finally time for another family adventure? Are the mountains calling your name again? I think that means it’s time to come see us here in good ole Pigeon Forge! Nothing beats being able to take a quick getaway every once in a while with the ones that we love the most. It’s the time when everyone gets to be a kid (again) and have an exciting time exploring new places. Now all you need is a clean and comfortable place to rest your head at. If you’re looking for a place that will feel like your “home away from home” then look no further! When you stay with us at Whispering Pines, we offer affordable one, two, three, and four bedroom luxury condos that come complete with three beautiful view types to choose from to see from your private balcony: city, mountains, or nature. We also have some wonderful on-site amenities for all of our guests to enjoy during their visit. As a thank you for booking with us, we have a FREE TICKETS program for numerous shows and attractions in the area, as well as a free dinner and drink at Mama’s Farmhouse, saving you $275 a day! One of the best parts about visiting our charming area is there are so many interesting things to do that you may not be able to check out somewhere else. Let’s take a look at some Unique Things to do in the Smokies!
- Become a Junior Ranger: Kids between the ages of 5 and 12 can take advantage of a truly special activity in the national park, they can be a junior ranger! All you have to do is a pick up a booklet either at a visitors center, online, or at the Cades Cove or Elkmont campground for just $2.50. Inside the booklet are a bunch of activities for them to complete in the park (like hunting for certain leaves) that will not only be educational but extremely fun as well. Once they are all completed, you just have to bring the booklet back to a visitors center and they will receive their junior ranger badge! They then get to meet with an on-site park ranger who will have them read the junior ranger promise and answer any questions they may have. Getting to meet with them is such an amazing experience for the entire family and one everyone is sure to remember for years to come.
- Tuckaleechee Caverns: If you’re a big fan of history then this is just the place for you! Get ready to explore the carvings in the oldest mountain chain on earth when visiting this special cave. It is estimated that the caverns are anywhere from twenty to thirty million years old which makes this an even more incredible and one of a kind experience. You will not believe your eyes during this 1.25 mile round trip tour when you see these beautiful formations and how much history is oozing throughout the caverns. You will also get to view “SilverFalls.” According to their site, this is the tallest subterranean waterfall in the Eastern United States, with the water plunging about 210 feet from the top to bottom. It’s truly a magical site to see and one you will all love. It’s no wonder why they won the 2018 Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence. Make sure to visit Townsend to see the “Greatest Site Under the Smokies” when you visit this popular attraction!
- Outdoor Gravity Park: This is one attraction you are sure to never forget. Climb aboard the OGO, a ball made out of all plastic that is filled with water, and get ready to roll down three different courses that were designed on a huge hill. Don’t you worry, these were specially designed to make sure there is absolutely no tumbling, just an exciting ride to the bottom. They even give you your own go pro to record your journey as you fly down the course! If you’re looking for a unique way to cool off this summer, this is where you’ll want to be.
- Parrot Mountain and Gardens: This place is absolutely beautiful and is one attraction that you will want to visit every single time you come to town. From the moment you step inside, you are taken into a magical oasis that is filled with colors, sounds, and a peaceful energy. It’s like you’re on your very own island overseas. The scenery is breathtaking and you haven’t even gotten to see the birds yet. As you walk through, you will see english style cottages that are home to so many unique birds from all over the world. They will welcome you with their singing, dancing, and maybe even some talking. You are even able to touch and feed some of them, so make sure to have your camera ready! They have some truly gorgeous birds here like cockatoos, long tail starlings, macaws, and much more. Make sure to take a walk through their secret garden, it’s something special that you will never forget!
- Hillbilly Golf: This might just be one of the most unique putt-putt experiences that you’ll ever have. You start the course off by taking a complimentary tram ride to where the first hole is located at. This course actually sits on top of a mountain and will feature obstacles including tractors, outhouses, moonshine stills, and a lot of other farming equipment. There is always a line here so that must mean it’s a good time!
- Flyaway Indoor Skydiving: This attraction offers America’s first vertical wind tunnel, so that alone makes this place completely awesome! Are you ready for a true adrenaline rush? Want to defy gravity (we dare you not to sing the song) and feel like you’re flying without having to actually jump out of a plane? This place must already be calling your name. Get ready for a body flight experience that you will never forget! No experience is necessary, they have trained instructors to make sure it’s safe and exciting for everyone visiting. This might just become a new staple and one experience that you’ll be talking about for years to come.
We hope you enjoyed this insider’s look at some Unique Things to do in the Smokies! When you visit our beautiful area, you are sure to come across so many special places that will help you create new and exciting memories to take home with you. We are so happy that we can provide such a family friendly atmosphere with so many different things to do. We are constantly growing and adding even more entertainment and that’s why we welcome millions of visitors here each year. So what are you waiting for? Book Your Smokies Vacation now or give us a call at 1.800.429.4361 and one of our friendly reservationists would love to assist you with finding the perfect condo for your stay. Come and join our family here at Whispering Pines, we would love to have you! Don’t forget to let us know what you think about our list of Unique Things to do in the Smokies, we always enjoy hearing your feedback!