November Winterfest in the Smokies
A new season is coming into town and it’s one that’s going to be very exciting to celebrate here in Pigeon Forge and the surrounding areas. It’s time to start getting ready to layer up in our warmest clothing to help beat that chill in the air. November is also the month where we get to celebrate a very special holiday that is all about getting to spend some time together with friends and family, and being thankful for all the good things that life has to offer. If you’re anything like me then this particular season is your absolute favorite! Here in the Smokies, we take this time of year very seriously. From holiday shows to Christmas lights and everything else inbetween, this is one of the best places to be for this upcoming season! When you stay here with us at Whispering Pines, you get to be right in the middle of all the action! Sitting conveniently at traffic light #7 in the middle of Pigeon Forge, our prime location will bring you right smack dab in the middle of some of the fun festivities that will be going on. With balconies facing the city and mountains, you’re sure to be able to get to see a beautiful view of the scenery during each day of your stay. Best part about it? While staying here with us, you get FREE TICKETS to numerous shows and attractions in the area that are sure to help you get into the winter spirit when they debut their spectacular Christmas shows! With so many exciting events going on to help ring in the new season, you’re probably going to need a little schedule to follow to help fit everything in! We got you covered, join us on this guide to all the magic that happens during November Winterfest in the Smokies!
- Townsend Grains and Grits Festival – Make sure to clear your schedule on Saturday, November 4th, because this is going to be one activity you aren’t going to want to miss! This event is going to be held at the Townsend Visitors Center and is going to be full of good food and spirits, so make sure you come hungry! Get ready to sample and experience these crafts from some of the region’s best providers. There will also be entertainment from some of tv’s best moonshiners like Digger and Mark Ramsey. This festival is sure to be an incredible time from beginning to end.
- Dollywood – We knew this one was coming! It isn’t a Smoky Mountain vacation if you don’t visit this amazing amusement park. From November 4th through January 1st, it’s bound to feel like Christmas anytime you visit! Make sure to see their absolutely incredible Parade of Many Colors and stop by Santa Land while you’re there to drop off your Christmas list early. You’ll also get to see over four million Christmas lights decorating this magical park every night, it’s a gorgeous spectacle to see especially when it starts getting dark out. I know where I’ll be every night during the winter season!
- Sevierville’s Winterfest Kickoff – On Monday, November 6th, it’s time to kick off the start of the 2017 holiday season! Downtown Sevierville will be the first one to start it off for us all here in the area. This location will be decked out in holiday lights that stretch on for 25 miles, and seeing those twinkling lights are sure to get you into the holiday spirit! Stop by anytime from 3-9:30 pm to see them all for yourself, you won’t want to miss this display!
- Pigeon Forge Winterfest Kickoff – On Tuesday, November 7th, Pigeon Forge will be next in line to start off the winter magic! With over five million lights shining above our eyes, you are sure to not want to miss this exciting event. Starting on November 8th, join us for the Winterfest Driving Tour of Lights that will begin at the North end of the Parkway and continue on down. You’ll be able to see our twelve days of Christmas display as well as many others when you take this winterful tour! I don’t know about you, but I’m getting excited for this day already!
- Gatlinburg Winter Magic Kickoff and Chili Cookoff – I can’t wait for this event and it isn’t only because I love chili so much. Head on over to Gatlinburg on Wednesday, November 8th from 5 to 8 pm, to spend a day really getting into the spirit of the season and the holidays! Get ready to see some more twinkling Christmas lights and eat some fabulous chili recipes while you walk downtown taking in all the winter magic we have in store for you. Journey tribute band, Departure, will also be there to perform to help us kick off the amazing time of year. You won’t want to miss hearing those familiar tunes while you’re indulging in some yummy samples. This is one activity that you and the family simply cannot miss!
- Great Smoky Thanksgiving Arts and Crafts Show – Don’t leave Gatlinburg too soon after their winterfest kickoff! From November 21st through the 26th, they’ll be having another event that you will definitely want to come to. Head on down to the Gatlinburg Convention Center to see some incredible handcrafted items that you can even take home with you. Our Arts and Crafts community is home to numerous amounts of Artisans that love to show us their special and individual crafts during these shows. From pottery to quilts and so many other things, everyone in the family is sure to leave with something beautiful to hold onto for years to come.
- Thanksgiving Night Fireworks Show – Once you and your family have finished your delicious Thanksgiving meal, make sure you head over to the Titanic Museum attraction to see their incredible fireworks show on Thursday, November 23rd at 7 pm! Help us spend some time honoring the crew and passengers that sailed on that ship so long ago. There’s nothing better than getting to see such beautiful colors taking over the sky while you’re spending some well deserved quality time with your friends and family. This is also the largest fireworks event of the year on our parkway so you’ll definitely want to add this to your holiday agenda on your trip here!
So as you can see, this is the place to be during the holiday season. With lights spreading from Sevierville all the way down to Gatlinburg, the view is bound to take your breath away because of it’s beauty. You will feel like you’re in a Hallmark movie when you see how festively decorated this area becomes. With displays everywhere you look and fun new events going on all throughout the season, the Smokies are sure to become one of your top favorite winter vacation spots for you and the entire family. So what are you waiting for? Book your magical winter vacation now! You aren’t going to want to miss out on all the wonderful events taking place here in this beautiful area. Don’t forget to take advantage of our fantastic November special during the first two weeks of the month. That’s right, you get to stay four nights for the price of three here with us at Whispering Pines and our other sister properties! It’s definitely one to try to snag so you can enjoy all the winterfest kickoffs while you’re here. December is also sure to be full of exciting and incredible new activities, but we’ll keep those top secret and share them with you next month! Winter is the most wonderful time of the year and we can’t wait to see you to celebrate November Winterfest in the Smokies!