5 Things to do in Pigeon Forge in February
The first month of 2018 has already flew by and it’s time to start getting ourselves ready for February. One of my favorite things about living in this area is that no matter what month it is, there is always something exciting to do. Pigeon Forge has fun lurking at every corner and it has become a staple for so many visitors each year because of it. Are you looking to take a quick getaway this month and can’t figure out where to go? How about you give the Smokies a try?! Even though it’s the winter time, there are still so many fun things to do here during a little vacation. When you stay with us at Whispering Pines, we offer beautiful one, two, three, and four bedroom condos with three different views types (city, nature, and mountain) from your private balcony for everyone in your party to enjoy! Another perk of staying with us is that we offer a FREE TICKETS program for you to take advantage of while you’re here. You get a free adult ticket each day of your stay to numerous shows and attractions in the area, that’s over $275 a day in savings, you can’t beat that! Is it your first time visiting the Smokies and you have no idea where to start? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Let’s take a look at 5 Things to do in Pigeon Forge in February!
1. Sweetheart month at the Titanic Museum – This is one of my favorite attractions in the area. Grab your boarding pass at a discounted rate from the front desk and get ready to climb aboard the grand Titanic. February is a special month here, so they make sure to really bring out the feeling of love. This special event shows us some of the real life love stories that actually took place on this beautiful ship so many years ago. They also want to provide some real time love stories for us all! The Grand Staircase becomes available during this special month for engagements, wedding ceremonies, and even renewing your vows. They’re also doing a first class dinner for Valentine’s Day weekend! Dine in their private and secret room and get ready for a night of pure elegance. You will truly feel like you’re on your own voyage aboard the titanic. Both these events do require reservations, so make sure you call 1-800-381-7670 to lock in your plans. This is the best place to go to show your respect to the passengers and crews that were on the ship that fateful night. It’s an amazing replica that shows you just how special that ship truly was.
2. Smoky Mountain Gospel Jubilee – If you love gospel music, you won’t want to miss this extra special event! On February 8th and 9th at the Country Tonite Theatre, get ready to enjoy some amazing gospel tunes that are sure to lift your spirits and make you smile. A talented choir will take the stage each night and sing our favorite gospel tracks as we tap and sway along. After that, they have an incredible and uplifting service that you won’t want to miss out on. It’s first come, first serve, so make sure to get there early to grab a seat, you won’t regret it!
3. Driving Tour of Lights – Even though the holidays are over for another year, it’s still Winterfest here in Pigeon Forge and the surrounding areas! From Sevierville all the way to Gatlinburg, our streets are decorated with millions of twinkling lights and displays for us all to love and enjoy. With over five million lights dazzling our eyes, this self-guided tour is sure to become one of your favorite things to do while you’re visiting us this time of year. February is the last month to get to see them before they’re taken down, so make sure to add this special event to your list while you’re in town!
4. Hatfield & McCoy Dinner Show and the Comedy Barn – Are you looking to laugh until you cry while you’re staying with us? These shows will do just that, but we promise they’re happy tears! Both these shows are known for bringing on the giggles and making sure everyone in the audience has a good time from beginning to end. With music, stunts, audience interaction, and a whole lot of comedy, these shows are sure to have you coming back each time you’re in town. Don’t forget that you get an amazing feast when you visit the Hatfield & McCoy show full of delicious fried chicken, mashed taters, corn, plenty of other things like Grandma’s specialty dessert! The Comedy Barn does offer a concession stand with some of the best popcorn around, so you’ll definitely want to visit it during intermission. Don’t forget that you also get a free ticket to both of these shows when you stay with us, so make sure you take advantage of the incredible savings!
5. The Wheel – One of the biggest reasons why so many visitors come to see us each year is getting to see the beautiful views that our Smokies have to offer. There is no better place to see the sites than on the great smoky mountain wheel! Climb aboard your enclosed gondola (that’s even heated during the winter) and get ready to be whisked up over 200 feet high where all you’ll see are our beautiful rolling hills staring back at you. You can’t ask for a more amazing view than this, trust us, you’ll want to hear your camera ready. I love doing this attraction a little later at night so you can see the sun beginning to set as well as the Christmas lights throughout the city being turned on. You can’t beat this area during the winter and you’re sure to fall even more in love after riding the wheel. You also get a free ticket for it each day of your stay, so you can come back the next day and see the sunrise instead! It’s also located at The Island which is your one stop shop for stores, attractions, and even restaurants! This is sure to become a staple during each vacation.
We hope you enjoyed learning about 5 Things to do in Pigeon Forge in February! Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway with your partner or even a quick weekend family trip, Pigeon Forge and the surrounding areas have you covered with plenty of fun things to do. You’re sure to feel the love and southern hospitality as soon as you get into town, it’s what we’re known for! So what are you waiting for? Book Your February Vacation now or give us a call at 1.800.429.4361 and one of our friendly reservationists would love to help you find the perfect condo for your stay! Don’t forget to also take advantage of our fantastic Winter Specials like our stay three nights for the price of two in February. Come and join our family at Whispering Pines, we would love to have you, and don’t forget to check out the 5 Things to do in Pigeon Forge in February!