Coming Soon to the Smokies
2019 is expected to be one absolutely exciting year for the Great Smoky Mountains. With tons of new attractions, restaurants, shops, and more all being built (and hopefully opened), there’s going to be even more to do in this popular area than ever before. It’s hard to believe, I know, but we can’t wait to see everything that’s to come to our already charming area. Not only are new things being built, but popular places are expanding as well. You may not even recognize us the next time you come to visit. If you haven’t heard about all the news of what’s coming and expanding and so on, we’ve got all the gossip for you. Are you ready to see what’s Coming Soon to the Smokies?! You and your loved ones are going to be able to create all new memories to take home with you. We’re so excited and feel so blessed to be able to keep welcoming visitors from all over the world.
- SkyBridge at the Gatlinburg Skylift – This is one that everyone project that everyone has been so excited about. You catch the Skylift on the Parkway and it takes you up over 500 feet to the top of Crockett Mountain where you can see beautiful panoramic views of the Smoky Mountains. The new SkyBridge addition will allow visitors to cross the new 700 foot long, 140 foot high bridge for even more stunning views of our picturesque rolling hills. We can’t wait to see it when it opens!
- Ole Red Gatlinburg – Blake Shelton’s restaurant is making its newest stop in our charming little town and to say we’re looking so forward to it would be an understatement. It’ll be located near the Ripley’s Aquarium by the new Margaritaville Hotel. Not only is it a restaurant but it’s also a huge entertainment venue with an excellent sized bar, performance space, dancefloor, and an outside terrace. The menu sounds absolutely delicious and will feature some of our favorite southern staples like Hot Chicken & Waffles, all kinds of barbecue, gigantic burgers, mouth-watering appetizers and more. They have a planned opening for this Spring and we’re definitely counting down the days for the grand opening sign to appear. We can’t wait to welcome Blake to our neck of the woods!
- August Moon Drive-In – When word came out about this new attraction, it had everybody talking and they still are. This is going to be such a great addition to town and one that families will absolutely love. This is not your ordinary drive-in, it’s going to be a whole new kind of modern experience. Best of all, it’ll be enclosed so you can visit it no matter what kind of mood mother nature is in. It will be a dome that will have over 40 classic model stationary cars to sit in, panoramic views of a starry sky, a glowing sailor’s moon, fireflies, and according to their website, the biggest non-imax movie screen in North America. We can’t wait to see this incredible use of technology and we’re looking forward to the grand opening sometime this year.
- Pirates Voyage Dinner & Show – Dolly is working her magic yet again and bringing another new dinner show to Pigeon Forge. With its success in Myrtle Beach, it only made sense to expand and bring it here as well. Watch as the Crimson and Sapphire pirates partake on a thrill seeking battle on deck, high in the air, and even in water. There will be full sized pirate ships, amazing special effects, and of course, a delicious four course meal! You’ll feel like you’re eating in the lagoon and we can’t wait to get to experience this new show for ourselves.
- Wildwood Grove – This is one that we’re sure you’ve heard of. Dollywood is doing an amazing expansion that we will all get to experience this year! This new area will feature family-friendly rides (like the dragonflier) , kids play zones (including the hidden hollow), beautiful views, and more. This is going to be one whimsical part of the park that will allow families to explore, play, and imagine just like their website says. Can Dollywood open already, we’re getting too excited with all the details they’ve been releasing here recently!
- Pirates Revenge Dinner & Show – There’s another new dinner show coming to town. If you’re familiar with the Smoky Mountain Opry, this will be where you will see this one opening at (don’t worry, they’re just moving the Opry to a new location!) This show will feature a retractable water stage, moving ships, acrobats, divers, performers, and even live animals. It’s going to be an experience unlike any other and it’s one that we know the entire family will love. It will be opening some time this summer!
- Buttonwillow Civil War Theater – Opening next month, this new theater will put on a performance full of moments of laughter, tears, and history. According to their description, it will follow a fictional storyline based on two siblings from East Tennessee with one being pro-union and the other being pro-confederate. They’re currently hiring actors for the year-round show and are slated to open on March 1st.
- Dave & Buster’s – This family friendly restaurant is sure to be at the top of everyone’s list to visit once it opens. With a slogan of “eat, drink, play, and watch sports” we know this will be an instant hit for our charming town. They have an incredible menu featuring handcrafted options and a full arcade that will keep us coming back again and again. Some locations even have billiards and a bowling alley. We can’t wait for May 13th to arrive so we can see what they have to offer!
- Graze Burgers – This new restaurant has actually just opened and it’s located at 125 Bruce Street. Here you will find delicious burgers made with all natural grass-fed beef. These mouth-watering burgers will impress the whole family and their sides are just as amazing. You can get fries or onion rings as well as six cheese mac and cheese and plenty other scrumptious choices. They also have appetizers, soups, salads, shakes and much more. This is a must visit when you’re in town!
We hope you’re ready for all the amazing things that are Coming Soon to the Smokies! 2019 is going to be such a fantastic year for us here and we can’t wait to share it with all of you. If you’re looking for a place to stay that the entire family will love, we definitely think you should check us out. Whispering Pines offers one to four bedroom luxury condos at an affordable price. You can book your perfect rental online or give us a call at 1.865.429.4361 and we would love to assist you with finding a great unit for your vacation. We’ll also keep you posted on even more things that will be Coming Soon to the Smokies, so make sure to keep an eye on our blogs to learn more! Happy adventures in 2019 everyone!